3 Islands in 1 day - (full day cruise tour from Athens)
(Operates nearly every day: begins around 07:00 am and ends at 18:00 PM)
Enjoy this wonderful experience, visiting 3 different Greek Islands with this full day cruise.
Perfect for short time visitors that want to get a good glimpse of Greek Islands and life on the islands.
Early in the morning, pick up from your hotel, transfer to the harbor, get on the boat for a full day fun expedition.
Visit, 3 beautiful Islands.
* Aegina Island is one of the Saronic Islands in the Saronic Gulf, 17 miles (27 km) from Athens. Tradition derives the name from Aegina, the mother of Aeacus, who was born on and ruled the island. During ancient times, Aegina was a rival to Athens, the great sea power of the era. In Greek mythology, Aegina was a daughter of the river god Asopus and the nymph Metope. She bore at least two children: Menoetius by Actor, and Aeacus by Zeus. When Zeus abducted Aegina, he took her to Oenone, an island close to Attica.
This island would later be called Aegina. Here, Aegina gave birth to Aeacus, who would later become king of Oenone; thenceforth, the island's name was Aegina.
* Poros is a small island in the southern part of the Saronic Gulf; its original name was Pogon. Poros is an island with rich vegetation: much of the northern and far eastern/western sides of the island are bushy, whereas large areas of old pine forest are found in the south and center of the island.
* Hydra is separated from the Peloponnese by a narrow strip of water. In ancient times, the island was known as Hydrea.
There is one main town, known simply as "Hydra port" (pop. 2,526 in 2001). It consists of a crescent-shaped harbor, around which is centered a strand of restaurants, shops, markets, and galleries that cater to tourists and locals (Hydriots) alike.
Steep stone streets lead up and outwards from the harbor area. Most of the local residences are located on this street.
We will then cruise back the to harbor where you will get on the shuttle back to the Athens center.
Arriving in Athens will be the end of this program.
Total cost : _115_ Euros per person
* All land transfers
* Full day cruise
* Lunch on board
* Hotel pick up and drop off from central Athens hotels
* All taxes and service charges
*Drinks with meals
* Tips (optional)
* Optional tour on the Aegina Island