Athens, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Santorini, Rhodes, Crete 14 day tour
(Available between May and October)
- Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
KALOS ORISATE! Welcome to Greece!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the
afternoon free to rest and explore Athens on your own.
Overnight in Athens.
- Day 2 - Athens - (B)
After breakfast around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for your guided tour of Athens.
You will explore Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896).
After that, we will drive by the Prime's Minister's residence, the Royal Palace, (guarded by colorful Evzones), Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schlieman's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the impressive Russian Orthodox Church.
At the ACROPOLIS, you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and the Museum of the Acropolis.
In the early afternoon, we will provide a transfer to your hotel, or we can also drop you off at the Plaka so you can wander and explore. Overnight stay in Athens.
Day 3 - Athens to Mykonos
Very early in the morning, we will transfer you from your hotel to Pireaus ferry port, and put you on a fast ferry to Mykonos Island. After arrival, we will meet you at the harbor and provide a transfer to your hotel, after check in the hotel you will have a full free day to relax and or explore the Island.
Overnight in Mykonos.
- Day 4 - Free day to Explore Mykonos - (B)
Breakfast provided in the hotel; today is free for you to explore Mykonos on your own.
Optional tour to Delos is available at your request.
Located in the middle of the Aegean Sea, Mykonos is one of the most popular Greek islands, thanks to its beaches with crystal-clear water, windmills, charming waterfront buildings, stunning archeological sites and excellent nightlife. Archaeological records here indicate that the Ionians settled Mykonos in the early part of the 11th century BC; more recent discoveries have uncovered ruins in Ftelia beach from the Neolithic-era Kares tribe dating back to 3,000 BC.
Overnight in Mykonos.
- Day 5 - Mykonos to Paros - (B)
In the morning, we will provide a transfer to the ferry port for a 45-minute ferry to Paros Island.
After arrival, you will check into your hotel (located at the harbor) and after check-in, you will have a free day to relax and explore.
Here on Paros, you will find beautiful homes built in traditional Cycladic style: flat roofs, whitewashed walls and blue-painted doors, window frames and shutters. Shadowed by luxuriant vines, and surrounded by gardens of oranges and pomegranates, the houses give the town a very picturesque aspect. Beside the sea, are the ruins of a medieval castle, built almost entirely of the marble ruins of an ancient temple.
- Day 6 - Paros to Naxos - (B)
In the morning, we will provide a transfer to Parosí ferry port for your ferry to Naxos Island.
*Naxos is one of the most popular and one of the most agriculturally-fertile in the Cyclades Island group. It boasts several easily-accessible ruins, and a number of beautiful beaches, such as: Agia Anna, Agios Prokopios, Alikos, Kastraki, Mikri Vigla, Plaka, and Agios Georgios (most within the vicinity of Hora).
After arrival, you will check in at your hotel; after checking in, you will have a free day to relax and explore on your own.
Overnight in Naxos.
- Day 7 - Naxos to Santorini - (B)
In the morning, we will provide a transfer to Naxos ferry port for a ferry to Santorini Island. After arrival, you will check in at your harbor side hotel. After check-in, you will have a free day to relax and explore on your own.
* Santorini is one of those iconic places that will be permanently etched in your mind. Everywhere you turn is a photo opportunity. Essentially, the island is what remains of an enormous volcanic eruption, which destroyed the earliest settlements on what was formerly a single island. The aftermath of the explosion created what you see today, a caldera. All of the whitewashed, charming houses cling to the high cliffs of the rim, while the deep blue Aegean Sea wraps around the geological masterpiece, hundreds of feet below. Its spectacular physical beauty, along with its lively nightlife, has made this island a perennial tourist favorite.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 8 - Exploring Santorini - (B)
After breakfast we will take you on a tour of Santorini.
You will, hop on a boat to explore the caldera, take in the hot springs, view the ruins of Thirrassia, and afterwards, you will be taken back to your hotel.
* Oia remains one of the foremost tourist attractions of the Aegean Sea. The sunset, considered by many as one of the most beautiful in the world, because of the caldera in the background. Tourists are often told that the fishing docks at Oia are the oldest continually used docks in the world, supposedly being in service for 3000 years. Fun facts: the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Tomb Raider have also been filmed here.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 9 - Santorini - (B)
Day at leisure --- . Overnight stay in Santorini.
Santorini is one of those places in the world that will be permanently etched in your mind. Everywhere you turn you will find another photo opportunity. Essentially, the land is the remains of an enormous volcanic explosion, which destroyed the earliest settlements on what was formerly a single island. The aftermath of the explosion created what you see today, a caldera. All of the whitewashed, charming houses cling to the high cliffs of the rim, while the deep blue Aegean Sea wraps around the geological masterpiece, hundreds of feet below. Its spectacular physical beauty, along with a dynamic nightlife, have made the island one of the tourist
hotspots for Europe.
- Day 10 - Santorini to Crete - (B)
After breakfast, you will depart Santorini Island for a 3-hour ferry to Crete. Upon arrival, you will be met at the ferry port and transferred to your hotel. After check-in you will have a free day to relax and explore Crete.
* Crete, Greeceís largest island, was the center of the Minoan civilization, Greeceís oldest (ca. 2600ñ1400 BC). Crete lays claim to significant and varied ancient history: you can visit the Minoan sites of Knossos and Phaistos, the Greek classical city of Gortys, as well as the historical Venetian region of Chania and the Venetian castle in Rethymno.
Overnight in Crete
- Day 11 - Crete - (B)
In the morning, we will meet you at your hotel and take you on a half-day tour to the ancient city of Knossos.
We will start the day driving through picturesque villages to Knossos; after arrival, you will have about 1.5 hours to explore the site.
* Knossos (also known as the Knossos Palace), is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and was very likely the ceremonial and political center of the Minoan civilization.
Evening at leisure --- Overnight in Crete.
- Day 12 - Crete to Rhodes - (B)
Noon time, we will provide a transfer to Crete Airport and put you on a 50 minute flight to Rhodes island.
Upon arrival, you will be met at Rhodes Airport then transfered to your hotel. Evening at leisure.
Overnight in Rhodes.
- Day 13 - Rhodes island - (B)
Breakfast at the hotel --- free day at leisure.
Overnight in Rhodes.
*In ancient times, Rhodes was home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World - the Colossus of Rhodes. This giant bronze statue once stood in the harbor. It was completed in 280 BC but was destroyed in an earthquake in 224 BC. No trace of the statue remains today. Before archaeology, myth stood in for blanks in the historical record. In Pindar's ode, the island was said to be born of the union of Helios the sun god and the nymph Rhode, and the cities were named for their three sons.
In 1309, the Byzantine era came to an end when the island was occupied by forces of the Knights Hospitaller. Under the rule of the newly named "Knights of Rhodes", the city was rebuilt into a model of the European medieval ideal.
- Day 14 - Rhodes to Athens - (B)
After breakfast, we will provide a transfer to the Crete Airport for your 1-hour flight back to Athens.
(Depending on your needs and requests, we can organize a transfer to your hotel in Athens, organize any last night hotel stays, and/or provide transfers to the airport for when you depart Greece.)
Total cost : __ Per person in double ____ for single supp..
Contact us to get information for the best rates.
* All ferry port & airport transfers
* Centrally located unique hotels - (with breakfasts)
* Guided tours mentioned on the program
* Ferry tickets from Athens to Mykonos
* Ferry tickets from Mykonos to Paros
* Ferry tickets from Paros to Naxos
* Ferry tickets from Naxos to Santorini
* Ferry tickets from Santorini to Crete
* Flight tickets from Crete to Rhodes
* Flight tickets from Rhodes to Athens
* All taxes and service charges
We can add more nights on the islands, and customize the tour for your time, interest and budget. Let us know your preferences, and
we will work with you to organize your dream vacation.