Best of Turkey, Greece and Egypt
- Day 1 - Arrival in Istanbul –
14 day tour
HOS GELDINIZ! Welcome to Turkey! We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Istanbul on your own.
Overnight in Istanbul.
- Day 2 - Istanbul - (B/L)
After breakfast we will continue on the full day tour, including Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, and
we will continue our exploration of Istanbul, including the Spice Bazaar and a cruise on the Bosphorus, which takes you though the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia. Along its shores, you will enjoy many photographic opportunities: the marble palaces and antique wooden Ottoman-era villas that sit beside luxurious modern residences, Dolmabahce Palace, Beylerbeyi Palace, and Ortakoy Mosque will all be visiable from the boat.
Overnight in Istanbul.
- Day 3 - Istanbul to Cappadocia - (B/L)
Short domestic flight to Cappadocia, whereupon you'll then be transferred to Cappadocia for your comprehensive full-day tour.
We'll have a full day tour of Cappadocia which has around 36 underground cities, dating back 4000 years to the time of the Hittites. We will walk through the Underground City of Derinkuyu, where ancient people fled for their lives escaping the Arab invaders.
We'll wander through the oasis-like Ihlara Gorge, here in the middle of the Anatolian plain, see ancient monasteries (complete with pigeon holes they used to send messages), and stroll through traditional Anatolian villages.
You'll get time to stroll in a village such as this and see the average Turkish villager at work...or play.
Overnight in Urgup, Cappadocia.
- Day 4 – Cappadocia - (B/L)
This day will continue our exploration of the amazing sites of Cappadocia. (optional hot air ballooning tour) including the World Heritage Site of Goreme Open-Air Museum, cut from rock Byzantine churches and monasteries with11th and 12th century frescoes on the cave walls; the famous Fairy Chimneys, shaped over millions of years by volcanic eruptions, some 40 meters in height; the Devrent (or "pink valley"), and natural rock fortress of Uchisar Castle, inhabited during both the Byzantine and Ottoman times. Along the way, we'll have the chance to visit local craftspeople and learn how they make dolls and create traditional pottery.
Overnight in Cappadocia.
- Day 5 - Cappadocia to Athens - (B)
In the morning we will provide a transfer to Cappadocia Airport and put you on a flight to Athens.
KALOS ORISATE! Welcome to Greece!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Athens on your own.
Overnight in Athens
- Day 6 - Athens - (B)
After breakfast around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for your guided tour of Athens.
You will explore Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896).
After that, we will drive by the Prime's Minister's residence, the Royal Palace, (guarded by colorful Evzones), Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schlieman's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the impressive Russian Orthodox Church.
At the ACROPOLIS, you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and the Museum of the Acropolis.
In the early afternoon, we will provide a transfer to your hotel, or we can also drop you off at the Plaka so you can wander and explore. Overnight in Athens.
- Day 7 - Athens to Santorini - (B)
In the morning, we will provide a transfer to ferry port for a ferry to Santorini Island. After arrival, you will check in at your hotel.
After check-in, you will have a free day to relax and explore on your own.
* Santorini is one of those iconic places that will be permanently etched in your mind. Everywhere you turn is a photo opportunity. Essentially, the island is what remains of an enormous volcanic eruption, which destroyed the earliest settlements on what was formerly a single island. The aftermath of the explosion created what you see today, a caldera. All of the whitewashed, charming houses cling to the high cliffs of the rim, while the deep blue Aegean Sea wraps around the geological masterpiece, hundreds of feet below. Its spectacular physical beauty, along with its lively nightlife, has made this island a perennial tourist favorite.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 8 - Exploring Santorini - (B)
After breakfast we will take you on a tour of Santorini. You will hop on a boat to explore the caldera, take in the hot springs, view the ruins of Thirrassia, and afterwards, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 9 - Santorini to Cairo (Egypt) - (B)
In the morning we will provide a transfer to Santorini Airport for your flight to Cairo ( Short lay over in Athens)
On arrival to Cairo meet for transfer to the hotel with remainder of the day or evening at leisure. Overnight in Cairo.
- Day 10 - Cairo to Aswan - (B)
Breakfast, check out and meet with your guide to visit the Pyramids area, visit the Three Pyramids built for Pharaohs Cheops, Chephren & Mycerinus on the Giza Plateau and the mysterious Sphinx.
In the afternoon enjoy a visit to the most interesting museum, the Egyptian Museum, which features artifacts from the Pharaonic period. The museum displays a rare collection of 5000 years of art which is considered the largest most precious collection of Egyptian art in the world.
Over 250,000 overwhelming artifacts are presented, including an exhibit dedicated to Tutankhamen collection of treasure, gold and jewelry which was enclosed in his tomb for over 3,500 years before it was discovered in the 1920s when his tomb was excavated.Head to Old Cairo to visit the Hanging Church, Abu Sirga Church.
Depart from Cairo on the over night train to Aswan.
- Day 11 - Aswan- Edfu - Kom Ombo - (L/D)
Early arrival in Aswan, transfer to the ship and depart for Kom Ombo
Today you will Visit the High Dam, the Unfinished Obelisk and the Temple of Philae
-Sail to Kom Ombo
-Lunch on board
In the afternoon you will Visit the Temple shared by two gods Sobek and Haeroris in Kom Ombo
-Sail to Edfu
Overnight on board.
Day 12 - Edfu to Luxor - (B/L/D)
After breakfast you will visit
Horus temple in Edfu
Depart from Edfu and sail to Luxor.
-Afternoon Tea, Galabeya Party
-Overnight in Luxor.
- Day 13 - Luxor - (B/L/D)
After breakfast you will spend the day
exploring the West Bank (the valley of the Kings, the temple of Queen Hatshepsut at El Deir El Bahari) then visiting the East Bank (Karnak and Luxor Temples)
Overnight on board.
- Day 14 - Departure form Luxor to Cairo then to your next destination - (B)
After breakfast, we will provide a transfer to Luxor Airport for your flight back to Cairo.
Arriving in Cairo Airport will mark the end of this program
Total cost : __ per person in double; ____ for single supplement - contact us for rates
* Centrally - located, distinctive hotels (with breakfasts)
4 nights on 05 star Superior Nile Cruise on full board
* All of the tours that are mentioned on the itinerary
* All land transfers with comfortable vehicles
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Admission fees with tours
* Flight tickets from Istanbul to Cappadocia
* Flight tickets from Cappadocia to Athens
* Ferry tickets from Athens to Santorini
* flight tickets from Santorini to Athens then to Cairo
* Flight tickets from Cairo to Aswan
* Flight tickets from Luxor to Cairo
* All taxes and service charges
* Optional Hot Air Balloon tour in Cappadocia
* International flight tickets to Athens and from Cairo to your next destination
* Tips ( Optional)
We can customize this program and add more destinations in and can combine this with our Island hopping tours.