- Day 1 - Arrival in Athenss
KALOS ORISATE! Welcome to Greece!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Athens on your own.
Overnight in Athens.
- Day 2 - Athens - (B)
In the morning around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for your guided tour of Athens.
You will explore Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896). After that, we will drive by the Prime's Minister's residence, the Royal Palace, (guarded by colorful Evzones), Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schlieman's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the impressive Russian Orthodox Church.
At the Acropolis, you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and the Museum of the Acropolis.
In the early afternoon, we will provide a transfer to your hotel, or we can also drop you off at the Plaka so you can wander and explore. Overnight in Athens.
- Day 3 - Athens - (B/L)
After breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel. First, we will stop by OLYMPIC STADIUM then continue onto the CORINTH CANAL (short stop). We will then drive to Myceanae and visit the archaeological site of the Tomb of Agamemnon.
After lunch, we will proceed to Nauplia, the first capital of modern Greece, to see its Venetian fortress of PALAMII and the fortified islet of BOURTZI (the latter is a short visit). Then, we will continue on to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre thatís famous for its outstanding acoustics.
Finally, weíll drive along the scenic coastal road that hugs the Saronic Gulf to Athens. You will then be transferred back to your hotel. Overnight in Athens
- Day 4 - Athens to Mykonos - (B)
Very early in the morning, you will be transferred to Piraeus Port, and put on a fast ferry to Mykonos. After arrival in Mykonos, you will be transferred to your hotel; you will then have a full free day to relax and explore on your own.
Located in the middle of the Aegean Sea, Mykonos is one of the most popular Greek islands, thanks to its beaches with crystal-clear water, windmills, charming waterfront buildings, stunning archeological sites and excellent nightlife. Archaeological records here indicate that the Ionians settled Mykonos in the early part of the 11th century BC; more recent discoveries have uncovered ruins in Ftelia beach from the Neolithic-era Kares tribe dating back to 3,000 BC.
Overnight in Mykonos.
- Day 5 - Free day in Mykonos - (B)
Breakfast provided in the hotel; you will then have another free day to relax and explore Mykonos Island.
Overnight in Mykonos.
- Day 6 - Mykonos to Santorini - (B)
After breakfast, you will depart Mykonos Island for a 3-hour ferry to Santorini Island. Upon arrival, you will be met at the ferry port and transferred to your hotel. After check-in, you will have a free day to relax and explore Santorini.
* Santorini is one of those iconic places that will be permanently etched in your mind. Everywhere you turn is a photo opportunity. Essentially, the island is what remains of an enormous volcanic eruption, which destroyed the earliest settlements on what was formerly a single island. The aftermath of the explosion created what you see today, a caldera. All of the whitewashed, charming houses cling to the high cliffs of the rim, while the deep blue Aegean Sea wraps around the geological masterpiece, hundreds of feet below. Its spectacular physical beauty, along with its lively nightlife, has made this island a perennial tourist favorite.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 7 - Santorini - (B/L)
After breakfast, we will take you on a full-day tour of Santorini. You will visit Acrotiri, hop on a boat to explore the caldera, take in the hot springs, view the ruins of Thirrassia, and finish off this very memorable day by watching the famous sunset from Oia. Afterwards, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 8 - Santorini - (B)
After breakfast, you will have a full free day to relax and explore Santorini on your own. Many take this opportunity to relax and tan on one of Santoriniís famous beaches, such as Red Beach, or return to Oia for more sightseeing. Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 9 - Santorini to Crete - (B)
After breakfast, you will depart Santorini Island for a 3-hour ferry to Crete. Upon arrival, you will be met at the ferry port and transferred to your hotel. After check-in you will have a free day to relax and explore Crete.
* Crete, Greeceís largest island, was the center of the Minoan civilization, Greeceís oldest (ca. 2600ñ1400 BC). Crete lays claim to significant and varied ancient history: you can visit the Minoan sites of Knossos and Phaistos, the Greek classical city of Gortys, as well as the historical Venetian region of Chania and the Venetian castle in Rethymno. There is also Samaria Gorge National Park (established 1962), a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Overnight in Crete
- Day 10 - Free day in Crete - (B)
In the morning, we will meet you at your hotel and take you on a half-day tour to the ancient city of Knossos.
We will start the day driving through picturesque villages to Knossos; after arrival, you will have about 1.5 hours to explore the site.
* Knossos (also known as the Knossos Palace), is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and was very likely the ceremonial and political center of the Minoan civilization. The city remained important throughout the Classical and Roman periods, but its population shifted to the new town of Handaq (modern Heraklion) during the 9th century AD. By the 13th century, it was known as Makryteikhos (ìlong wallî); however, the bishops of Gortyn continued to call themselves the ìBishops of Knossosî until the 19th century. Today, the name is used only for the archaeological site itself.
Overnight in Crete.
- Day 11 - Crete to Athens - (B)
After breakfast, we will provide a transfer to the Crete Airport for your 1-hour flight back to Athens.
*** End of tour ***
(At your request, we are happy to provide any additional hotel stays and transfers you require, in Athens or on any island.)
Total cost: __ per person in double ____ for single supplement ñ contact us for rates and information
* All ferry tickets
* All ferry port transfers
* Centrally-located, distinctive hotels (with breakfasts)
* Day tour in Santorini - entrance fees, guide(s), transfers
* Airport transfers on Crete Island
* Flight tickets from Crete to Athens
* All taxes and service charges