- Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
KALOS ORISATE! Welcome to Greece!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Athens on your own.
Overnight in Athens
- Day 2 - Athens - (B)
After breakfast around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for your guided tour of Athens.
You will explore Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896). After that, we will drive by the Prime's Minister's residence, the Royal Palace, (guarded by colorful Evzones), Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schlieman's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the impressive Russian Orthodox Church.
At the Acropolis, you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and the Museum of the Acropolis.
In the early afternoon, we will provide a transfer to your hotel, or we can also drop you off at the Plaka so you can wander and explore. Overnight in Athens.
- Day 3 - Athens to Mykonos - (B)
Very early in the morning, you will be transferred to the ferry port, and put on a fast ferry to Mykonos. After arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel, and will have the rest of the day free to relax and explore the island on your own.
Located in the middle of the Aegean Sea, Mykonos is one of the most popular Greek islands, thanks to its beaches with crystal-clear water, windmills, charming waterfront buildings, stunning archeological sites and excellent nightlife. Archaeological records here indicate that the Ionians settled Mykonos in the early part of the 11th century BC; more recent discoveries have uncovered ruins in Ftelia beach from the Neolithic-era Kares tribe dating back to 3,000 BC.
Overnight in Mykonos.
- Day 4 - Free day in Mykonos - (B)
Breakfast provided in the hotel. Then, itís a free day for you to relax and explore. Overnight in Mykonos.
- Day 5 - Mykonos to to Santorini - (B)
After breakfast you will depart from Mykonos Island on a 2 hour 30 minute ferry to Santorini. Upon arrival you will be met at the ferry port and transferred to your hotel. After check in you will have a free day to relax and explore Santorini.
* Santorini is one of those iconic places that will be permanently etched in your mind. Everywhere you turn is a photo opportunity. Essentially, the island is what remains of an enormous volcanic eruption, which destroyed the earliest settlements on what was formerly a single island. The aftermath of the explosion created what you see today, a caldera. All of the whitewashed, charming houses cling to the high cliffs of the rim, while the deep blue Aegean Sea wraps around the geological masterpiece, hundreds of feet below. Its spectacular physical beauty, along with its lively nightlife, has made this island a perennial tourist favorite.
Overnight in Santorini
- Day 6 - Santorini - (B/L)
After breakfast, we will take you on a full-day tour of Santorini. You will visit Acrotiri, hop on a boat to explore the caldera, take in the hot springs, view the ruins of Thirrassia, and finish off this very memorable day by watching the famous sunset from Oia. Afterwards, you will be taken back to your hotel.
* Oia remains one of the foremost tourist attractions of the Aegean Sea. The sunset, considered by many as one of the most beautiful in the world, because of the caldera in the background. Tourists are often told that the fishing docks at Oia are the oldest continually used docks in the world, supposedly being in service for 3000 years. Fun facts: both the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Tomb Raider have also been filmed here.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 7 - Santorini - (B)
After breakfast, you will have a free day to relax and explore Santorini on your own. Many take this opportunity to relax and tan on one of Santoriniís famous beaches, such as Red Beach, or return for more sightseeing in Oia.
Overnight in Santorini.
- Day 8 - Santorini to Athens - (B)
After breakfast, we will provide a transfer to Santorini Airport and put you on a 50-minute flight to Athens.
*** Tour ends ***
(At your request, we are happy to provide any additional hotel stays and transfers you require, in Athens or on any island.)
Total cost: __ per person in double ____ for single supplement - Contact us to get information for the best rates
* All ferry tickets
* All ferry port transfers
* Centrally-located, distinctive hotels with breakfasts
* Flight tickets from Santorini to Athens
* 1 full-day tour in Santorini
* 1 half-day tour in Athens - entrance fees, guide(s), transfers included with the Athens & Santorini tours
* All taxes and service charges