Hos geldiniz! Welcome to Turkey!
Your tour guide will await your arrival at the port gate, and will be holding a sign bearing your name; you will then continue on your memorable day tour of beautiful Bodrum.
About the sites you'll see today:
*Bodrum Castle (Bodrum Kalesi) was built by the Knights Hospitalier in 1402 and was originally known as the Castle of St. Peter (Petronium).
Confronted with the invasion of Seljuk Turks, the Knights, with their primary headquarters on Rhodes, needed another stronghold on the mainland. Grand Master Philibert de Naillac (1396-1421) found a suitable site across the island of Kos, where there was already a castle of the Order.
* Museum of Underwater Archaeology - In 1962 the Turkish Government decided to turn the castle into a museum to display the myriad underwater discoveries of shipwrecks and their treasures in the Aegean Sea. The Museum holds a vast collection of amphoras, ancient glass, bronze, clay, iron items. It is the biggest of its kind devoted to underwater archaeology.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer for you back to the harbor.
*** Tour ends ***
Total cost ____ $ _____ per person _____ - please contact us for rates
* Harbor transfers/pick-ups
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Comfortable, air-conditioned minivans
* Entrance fees to ancient sites
* All taxes and service charges
To get more info or to make a booking request, please fill in this form below.