Your tour guide will await your arrival at the port gate, and will be holding a sign bearing your name; you will then continue on with your wonderful all-day tour to the Grand Bazaar and the Egyptian Spice Bazaar.
* Grand Bazaar (Kapali Áarsi ñ ìcovered bazaarî) is one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with more than 58 covered streets and over 4,000 shops which attract between 250,000 and half a million visitors daily.
The bazaar began construction in 1455 and opened in 1461. It is well-known for its jewelry, pottery, spice, and carpet shops. Many of the stalls in the bazaar are grouped by type of good: leather, textiles, gold jewelry and the like.
Additionally, the bazaar contains two bedestens (domed masonry structures built for storage and safe keeping), the first of which was constructed between 1455 and 1461 by the order of Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror. The bazaar was vastly expanded in the 16th century, during the reign of Sultan Suleyman the Magnificent, and in 1894, underwent a major restoration following an earthquake. Today, the grand bazaar houses two mosques, two hamams, four fountains, and multiple restaurants and cafes. The sprawling complex consists of 12 major buildings and has 22 entrances.
* The Egyptian Spice Bazaar (Misir Carsisi) transports you back to the Silk Road days with its mystical aromas of various spices. Here, you'll also find other shops selling fruits, vegetables, teas, flowers, fish, and Turkish Delight (lokum).
*** Tour ends ***
Total cost ____ $ _____ per person _____(please contact us via the form below for rates)
* Harbor transfers
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Comfortable, air conditioned minivans
* Entrance fees to ancient sites
* All taxes and service charges
To make a booking request, please submit the form below.