Visit Istanbul, Athens and Rome in 10 days
- Day 1 - Arrival in Istanbul –
HOS GELDINIZ! Welcome to Turkey! We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Istanbul on your own.
Overnight in Istanbul.
- Day 2 - Istanbul - (B/L)
This will be a full day exploring Istanbul's most historical monuments. We'll set off just after breakfast, around 8:30 AM.
Sites you'll see today:
* Blue Mosque/Sultanahmet Mosque built during the reign of Sultan Ahmet I during 1609-1616. It is the only mosque in Turkey with six minarets. Due to its magnificent hand-dyed blue, green and white Iznik tiles it has been named the "Blue Mosque" by Europeans. The central dome is 43 m in height and is 33.4 m in diameter; it also boasts 260 windows.
* Hagia Sophia is a truly awe-inspiring, 1,400-year-old Byzantine cathedral which houses mosaics, relics and iron work. Hagia Sophia was, for nearly a thousand years, the largest enclosed space in the world, and still seen as one of the world's most important architectural monuments. It is one of Turkey's most popular attractions, drawn by the sheer spectacle of its size, architecture, mosaics and art.
* Hippodrome: the backdrop of chariot races and the center of Byzantine civic life.
* Topkapi Palace, the residence and administrative center of the Sultans during the Ottoman Empire, was constructed in 1459-1465 shortly after the establishment of Constantinople. You'll see the Treasury that houses the Topkapi Dagger, the 86-carat Spoon Maker's Diamond, and the jewel-encrusted bones of St. John the Baptist.
* Grand Bazaar is one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with more than 58 covered streets and over 4,000 shops which attract between 250,000 and half a million visitors daily.
After the tour, we'll return to the hotel. Overnight in Istanbul
- Day 3 - Istanbul - (B)
This will be a half-day exploring the historical sites of Istanbul.
* The Spice Bazaar/Egyptian Bazaar (Misir Carsisi) transports you back to the Silk Road days with its mystical aromas of various spices. Here, you'll also find other shops selling fruits, vegetables, teas, flowers, fish, and Turkish Delight.
* Bosphorus Cruise takes you though the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia; along its shores, you can take photographs of marble palaces and antique wooden Ottoman-era villas that sit beside luxurious modern residences.
You will also see Dolmabahce Palace, Beylerbeyi Palace, and Ortakoy Mosque during the cruise.
Overnight in Istanbul
- Day 4 - Istanbul to Athens - (B)
Gule, gule! It's time to go home. We will transfer you to the airport and wish you well, asking that you keep
Turkey and all of us in your hearts. We hope that our paths cross again.
1 hour 20 minute flight to Athens.
KALOS ORISATE! Welcome to Greece!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the
afternoon free to rest and explore Athens on your own.
Overnight in Athens.
- Day 5 - Athens - (B)
After breakfast around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for your guided tour of Athens.
You will explore Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathinaiko Stadium (where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896).
After that, we will drive by the Prime's Minister's residence, the Royal Palace, (guarded by colorful Evzones), Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schlieman's House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the impressive Russian Orthodox Church.
At the ACROPOLIS, you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and the Museum of the Acropolis.
In the early afternoon, we will provide a transfer to your hotel, or we can also drop you off at the Plaka so you can wander and explore. Overnight in Athens.
- Day 6 - Athens - (B)
Breakfast provided in the hotel, Enjoy rest of the day at leisure or enjoy one of the these optional tours.
* Full day tour to Delphi -- ( Click to see the details)
* Full day tour to Mycenae & Epidaurus >>>>>>>
* Half day afternoon tour to Cape Sounion >>>>>
Overnight in Athens.
- Day 7 - At hen to Rome - (B)
Around noon, we will provide a transfer to Athens airport for your flight to Rome.
BENVENUTO! Welcome to Italy!
We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing
about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Rome on your own. Overnight in Rome -
- Day 8 - Rome - (B)
In the morning, you will be picked up at your hotel for your comprehensive tour to visit the Vatican and its museums, as well as the Sistine Chapel the home of Michelangelo's the Last Judgment.
After that, we will continue on to visit St. Peters Square and Basilica, and will also visit the Coliseum and the Roman Forum.
Overnight in Rome -
- Day 9 – Rome – (B)
Breakfast at the hotel – Enjoy the day at leisure.
Optional half day walking tour to public markets and cooking lesson – more info >>>>>
Overnight in Rome.
- Day 10 - Departure from Rome - (B)
Per your flight departure time, we will provide a transfer to Rome Airport and say you good bye.
Total cost $_____ per person in a double room & $______ in a single room
Contact us for price information
* All hotels (Superior Class centrally located hotels)
* All land transfers in comfortable vehicles
* All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch & D-dinner)
* All of the tours that are mentioned in the itinerary
* Entrance fees, guide(s), transfers included with the tours
* Flight tickets from Istanbul to Athens
* Flight tickets from Athens to Rome
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* All taxes and service charges
* International flight tickets to Istanbul and from Rome to your next destination
* Optional tours in Athens and in Rome
Want to add other destinations? Contact us! We can easily build an itinerary to fit any budget and schedule!